Sunday, January 8, 2012

To Infinity and Beyond

It's our one year anniversary. I know so presh haha. I don't know where the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday I was leaving corny messages on Facebook to him and posted about 300 pictures to boot. I am still just as crazy about Blake, but more calmed down since then. It's like what Meg says off of Hercules " People do crazy things when there in love." It is insane when you finally meet the person you are going to marry. Most exciting time of my life. 
Blake and I have had a ton of adventures within our first year of marriage. Traveling across the U.S. together was one of the many. We have a lot of fun being together and there is never a day where we both don't laugh. Yeah, being married to him is breeze.
 Blake and I are all about starting traditions. We decided we would switch off planning our anniversary and Valentines day. He did our anniversary so I will be planning our Valentines date. Oh and we have to keep it a surprise because we both like surprises. 
Blake told me to get dressed up and then he took me here. Have any of you eaten at Ruth's Chris? The steak is AMAZING!
When we arrived they had rose pedals on the table and sparkling water which I don't recommend. All in all it was very romantic.
 I have an excuse for my hair... our electricity was out so I couldn't do my hair. Of course it had to happen on a day that I actually needed to get ready.
It was a charming place.. I loved everything about it. 
They even gave us free desert! 

When we came  home I found this on the table..
Tradition number two.. my awesome sister and her husband told us about this old school tradition where every year you make your gift out of certain material. So we thought that sounded like fun and I'm a sucker for old school stuff.
The first year was paper. Blake made me this awesome rose pencil. I love it :)

I had been working on this drawing for a while and decided I would give it to him on our anniversary. It's not all the way done.. it was hard to find time to do this project, but I loved getting back into drawing. And I just love Blake. So yup we still love each other!

4 comments:

  1. I love your cute traditions! I love your relationship! ...and I just plain love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great first anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole! I love your drawing with Blake meeting the Savior. You are one talented lady. I hope you hang that up somewhere in your house. It is definitely worth displaying. I love you guys...just wish we could see more of you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids took a look at your blog and loved it!! They were so amazed with your talent with art. We should have made you do WAY more of the eggs today ;)

    ReplyDelete