We have officially moved to Orem!! It has been absolutely wonderful living two minutes away from UVU and not having to drive the ridiculous I-15 anymore to school. I didn't realize how bad traffic is here in Utah until I moved away this summer. Now, I understand why out-of-state peeps complain. (I will be posting pics soon of our new place)
Blake and I have realized we have moved 4 times and we haven't even been married a year! I take that as a good sign.. it means we are having adventures while were still young and able. Our first apartment in AF is always going to be a good memory. It was the beginning of our new lives together. Here I am getting sappy again, but it was a lot harder to leave our first home than I expected. Don't get me wrong I was excited in every way to live closer to school and to get our own furniture, and to live closer to all of my friends. When we pulled out of our drive way for the last time.. there was Carma our sweet 84 year old landlord waving goodbye at her porch. That moment I realized it wasn't our apartment at all I was missing it was that amazing lady that made living there such a joy. She has taught me to share the gospel in more abundance. Every time we met with her she gave profound comments about the gospel. She has been a great example of working hard and being engaged in good things. Carma loves to read church books until she is dizzy. I've never met anyone quite like Carma.
This picture below captures some talents Carma has. In the very back of this photo where the bookshelves are are actually journals she has written about her immediate family, her family and her grand-kids. She keeps track of important dates and how she felt when each child was born etc. Just recently she typed all her sons letters they sent her from their missions and made them into a journal. Talk about incredible. Carma is also a painter. She painted these beautiful paintings that are laying up against the couch.
Carma has really bad arthritis in her hands. She is not able to paint anymore or write as much, but she heard piano was good therapy for arthritis and so she picked up the piano. haha Blake and I heard her play everyday living there. I loved it and I was able to play a few songs for her as well. It was a treat to have a piano close by.
Painting closer up!
I just have to brag about Blake for a little bit. He continues to impress me all the time and I am so glad I married such a good man. Living with Carma gave us a lot of opportunities for service. We didn't mind helping her out and I know that many of us that are a latter day saints have heard this a lot .. that the best way to show love to one another is through service. Even though Carma would sometimes call at seven in the morning to come help her with something Blake would do it without hesitation. Some days when we would get home late from school and she called ..it was a little hard, but Blake always served her in any way he could. I feel like I look to find someone to serve but it doesn't really happen all that often. Even when we lived with her she always asked Blake to come help, but I am grateful that she did because it helped him exercise his priesthood. When we were deciding to move.. Blake was so worried about leaving Carma. That showed a lot to me about him and how god strengthens relationships through service. Blake handled who was going to take over our apartment and we found a great couple who will watch out for our sweet Carma. 
I don't particularly like this picture of me, but had to post it because of her amazing chandlers in her house. I loved how old school she was. Everything in her house was glamorous. What a classy lady.
I am going to end this post with our famous Carma quote "Weeeeeee." Thanks for the memories Carma!
What a sweet post! I'm going to miss all the good Carma stories. She is an excellent painter! And I love her furniture, that chandelier is killer!
ReplyDelete